Property type: Retail
Letting Completed: December | 2017
Christopher Thomas are pleased to report the letting of 50 High Street, previously occupied by Yardley and Woods of Windsor. The premises extend to just over 3,000 sq.ft. occupying a prominent corner position next to The Guildhall and The Crooked House in the cobbled streets.
The previous tenant vacated the premises in October at which time we were in negotiation with a number of parties. The premises have been re let at a 15 year open market rent to The West Highland Clothing Company.
The client is a private family who occupied the property during the 1960’s, 70’s and 80’s when The Woods of Windsor business developed and expanded its services and cosmetics as a global distributor. The family hold the dispensing record books dating back centuries which include a prescription for George III’s horse balls – his favourite horse of the time, clearly having a bad time of it.
The new letting comes with considerable legacy in a prime and historic part of the town centre, close by to The Castle.
In the past few weeks we have also let the first floor offices at Queen Caroline House 3 High Street, the second floor offices at Kingsbury House Sheet Street and the first floor offices at Admiral House St Leonards Road.
Admiral House was built in 1908 as The Police Station and Court House, with an imposing reception entrance consistent with the intent of its status – a wonderful feature. Historic photographs of the office show First World War battalion march pasts along the St Leonards Road frontage.
Do contact us for expert Windsor retail, office and industrial property advice. Tel 01753 839390 or e mail email@example.com